"Ok, this is cheaper...and fast. The boys can make this if I'm not home without destroying the kitchen, and they'll like it at least. Wow, look at these ingredients...I can't even understand half of these words on the list, well, except SUGAR- Trans Fat- and 'added as a preservative... hmmm.....oh well, it's cheap and they'll eat it...it will be fine..."
Now i just pick up an Organic apple that was grown in the next county and think, "Man, this is going to taste GREAT!". Period.
So....another Pro of juicing: Less mind static :D . We all could use that!
My Juice Fast shopping list for today (remember, this is all I'm consuming, plus sharing with my husband... on Saturday when I break my fast, the list will be cut by about 50% since I will only be adding 32 oz of juice to my regular, newly-improved diet after that):
Found at Farmer's Market (our local fresh produce store...not all organic, but a large part is), and Fred Meyer in their Organic section ...
- Chard -1 bunch (I got my 2 bunches of Kale at the growers market on Saturday already)
- 14 Apples (any variety that's organic and on sale)
- Beets- 2 bunches since they are on sale and store well
- 7 lemons
- Stevia (I'm out)
- Peaches!! The organic ones on sale at Fred Meyers this week are amazing!
- Grape tomatoes (on sale at Freddy's)
- 5-7 cucumbers (depending on how big each is)
- 2 bunches celery
- any other organic veggies or fruit on sale that looks good today
I'm also going to buy the healthy stuff my son and husband like, since they are not fasting ;)...but no more crap. Oh, and I'm going to get a few things to have on hand for when I break the fast (wild caught Alaskan Salmon is on sale at Freddy's today too.. ;)...and I will still stay within my old grocery budget without spending $$ on all the crap I used to buy for sure.
Now....off to the store, with reusable grocery bags in hand (just keepin it green). Does this mean I'm going to have to buy a Prius too? Nah....