Fully Juiced!

Fully Juiced!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Still Juicing Every Day, Joining the National Express Reboot Feb. 5th!

People ask me all the time, "So, are you still juicing?" (or in some cases, "Are you still doing that juice thing?") :)

The answer is YES!

I was talking with my dear friend, Wanda, yesterday about how once you reboot (commit to and complete a juice fast of at least 5-10 days), you are instantly converted....permanently.  Your palate changes so that you no longer crave processed foods, and you feel SO GOOD, and see so many personal health miracles, that you have no desire to ever go back.  Seriously.  It's an all or nothing journey: if you just "flirt" with juicing by buying a juicer, trying it once, juicing 1-2 times a month, it's just like all of those 1/2-hearted changes you've tried to make in the past (work out more, keep your closets organized, take more time for yourself, lose a few pounds), and it won't last.  Nor will it produce permanent changes, because soon you will slip back to the old American diet :(, and feeling lousy again. It's a rut that I know all too well about personally.

So, I just had my CRP levels tested for the first time again since last May.  C-Reactive Protein measures the amount of systemic inflammation in your body (the bad stuff).  It can indicate high risk for heart disease, autoimmune diseases, even the existence of pre-cancerous  activity brewing.

My CRP level has consistently been between 12-14 each time it had been  measured in the past 5 years. This is what Web MD says about CRP levels:

According to the hs-CRP blood test, accepted level is 1-3 mg of C-Reactive protein per L of blood

According to the hs-CRP blood test, accepted level is 1-3 mg of C-Reactive protein per L of blood
* Low risk: less than 1.0 mg/L
* Average risk: 1.0 to 3.0 mg/L
* High risk: above 3.0 mg/L
C-reactive protein measures general levels of inflammation in your body. The more means that somewhere in the body, there is an inflammation.
Again, mine always measured between 12-14 in the past! My doctors have always said, "Wow, now that's high...we need to keep an eye on this and retest you in a few months to see if maybe the test was invalid ?!".  One doctor actually asked me if I had Lupus!!!

Scary stuff, but no one had any answers except, "Let's watch it and see."  Geez. The problem with traditional medicine here in the states is that if a doctor doesn't know the exact reason for something showing up in blood tests (or whatever), and they can't think of a drug to prescribe to change it, they just "wait and see" what happens. Not good.

Now the amazing news:  My CRP levels, after juicing for a full 6 months every day and eating a clean diet of mostly organic, wholesome foods (less meat, but still some ;D)..... drum roll please........measured at .4.
Yes, that's right, there is a decimal point in front of that 4 !!!  I am in the absolute lowest range for inflammation (autoimmune disruption) in my body.  It is nothing short of miraculous.  NO WONDER I FEEL SO AMAZING !!!

You can't deny the results of a blood test.  From 12 down to .4....yep, I'd say juicing is worth the time, effort, the little bit of extra $$ for organic foods at the outset (although, my grocery bill is actually lower now than it was when I bought processed crap!).

What my doctors should have said was, "Why not try a juice fast, and changing over to an organic, plant-based diet for a month, and see if this alters things for you".

How sad...it makes me wonder how many millions of us Americans are out there not knowing how truly sick we are? And our doctors aren't telling us, until it's too late. :(  Even though I had an active lifestyle and seemed healthier than most my age, I was sick.

Thank goodness I was inspired to take a look at a movie that opened my eyes and shifted my paradigm. If you haven't already watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", get on your Netflix cue and do it tonight...you have so much to gain. **(And...Jake and I own a copy of the movie that we lend out to people who want to see it.  Wanna borrow it?  Just facebook me and you got it!)

You can do it ....I'm nothing special.  I didn't have tons of extra will-power or understanding of how to do this before I just did it.  Make the choice today, for YOU!

There is a National Express Reboot planned to start Feb. 5th...why not join in and give it a shot? Read about my first Juice Fast back in August here:
Karen's Juice-Fast, Reboot Journey.....
or,  here's the link to the official rebooters site for more info...you will be SO glad you jumped on this band wagon:
Juicing/Reboot facts...join in today!

Carpe Diem!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen,

    Excellent post. Thanks for writing. Keep up the juicing ritual. I have been juicing for about two months now and I feel fantastic!!!! I will probably get my blood checked too. The more people switch to organic plant based diet, the faster we would be less dependent on health insurance. There would be an epidemic of good health. :-)

    I also noticed that my mood has been great for the past two months..Thanks to juicing. I love my L'Equipe juicer.

    Cheers,
    Harry

    ReplyDelete