Fully Juiced!

Fully Juiced!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 3 of 12

What a great day it is...I awoke with the sunshine, and then enjoyed the little drizzling of rain we had a bit later on.
I don't remember the last time I felt so rested in all my life.  This juicing thing is amazing.

I weighed myself first thing this morning and I lost 4 pounds in the first 2 days.  That is just an added bonus to the way I feel, though.  I would take health and well being over weight loss any day....but, woohoo, it looks like I don't have to choose since I'm reaping both!

Yesterday, I didn't make enough juice.  On Day 1 I made about 96 oz....which was almost too much.  Then, yesterday I cut back to about 72oz, and that wasn't enough.  At about 8pm last night  I wished I'd had one more 8 oz glass of fruit juice for a "nite cap" to hold me over until breakfast...that would have been just perfect.  So I went to bed with a little hunger thinking I would surely be starved at the crack of dawn....but I wasn't:  I woke up, rested, and astonishingly, not really hungry.  Hmmmm, that was unexpected.

So, this morning I made my juice (back up to 96 oz), and drank about 20 oz.  Yum.  Then I worked out for 30 minutes (dance workout), and felt great.  I think adding the organic vegetable protein powder to the juice is really helping me not feel a slump mid-day, even with the calories I burn working out.

It hit me last night just how long I have known about "juicing" in general, but never embraced it fully until now.  I've also known how important it is to eat tons of fruits and veggies every day, but it's hard to fit all of them in, and I always got discouraged or tired of trying to squeeze them all in each day.   With juice, you just drink a glass a day, and you've got your servings covered! It's so easy...I don't know why it took me so long to "get it".

  My new life motto:  "Once you know better, you've got to DO better" if you want to create a life of personal integrity and health in all areas :spiritually, physically and emotionally.  I've finally made the conscious decision to stop "knowing" and start "doing".

My son and granddaughter
chard

My son came by after work last night and "borrowed" some of my Chard and organic apples to juice at home...that makes me smile :)  I just want everyone I love to benefit from this journey in health with me!  

This is going well.  And, I am so glad. 






No comments:

Post a Comment